Captain America is definitely one of the most well-known superheroes that Marvel has to offer. How much do you know about him? We have put together a difficult Captain America quiz, which will test your knowledge. This includes trivia questions from the comics, movies, and more. As a result, only the biggest fans of the character will be able to get a perfect score.
The Ultimate Captain America Quiz
Instructions: Just answer the trivia questions below and we will give you a result at the very end. It will automatically move you on to the next question after you select your answer. There are also some social sharing buttons at the end so that you can share what you got with your followers.
- Make sure to also check out more of our Marvel quizzes.
Captain America Trivia Questions And Answers
Below are all of the trivia questions and answers. This will give you some more context on any of the ones that you got wrong and we also have some frequently asked questions at the end.
1) What Year Did Captain America Make His Comic Book Debut?
Captain America made his debut in the comics in 1941. This came in Captain America Comics #1, which is considered one of the most valuable comics in the world. The character has gone on to become incredibly success and it all started in the middle of World War 2.
2) Who Did Jack Kirby Create The Character With?
Jack Kirby created the character with Joe Simon. Kirby is also known for helping to create The Incredible Hulk and the Fantastic Four. Along with Captain America, these are three of the most popular and successful things that have been created by Marvel. As for Simon, he is credited with helping create characters like Bucky Barnes, Sandman, and Red Skull.
3) True Or False: Captain America Appeared In The First Comic For The Avengers
This is false as the original team consisted of Thor, Hulk, WASP, Iron Man, and Ant-Man. Captain American joined in issue #4 and was given the status of being a founding member of the group. The Avengers have gone on to find major success in both the comic books and on the big screen. The Avengers movies have brought in millions of dollars and Captain America is a big part of that.
Speaking the group, we also have an Avengers quiz, which will pair your personality with a character from the legendary team.
4) Which Of These Names Did NOT Join Team Captain America In The Civil War Movie? (Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, or Black Panther)
The answer is Black Panther as Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch, and Hawkeye were all members of Team Cap. They also had Falcon and the Winter Soldier on their side.
Team Iron Man included Vision, Black Widow, War Machine, Spider-Man, and Black Panther.
5) What Year Did Captain America: The First Avenger Come Out?
Captain America: The First Avenger came out in 2011. The movie did over $370 million at the Worldwide box office. The movie was also a success among critics, scoring an 80% rating on TOMATOMETER from Rotten Tomatoes.
6) In The 1970’s, What Did Steve Rodgers Adopt As His Alternate Identity?
In the 1970’s, Steve Rodgers adopted ‘Nomad’ as his alternate identity. This came after he wanted to break away from the American Government. ‘Nomad’ stands for “man without a country”.
7) What Is The Name Of The Doctor Who Injects Steve Rodgers In The First Avenger?
The doctor is named Dr. Abraham Erskine and he plays a big role in the film. Erskine ended up getting assassinated by HYDRA and he is played by Stanley Tucci in the film. You might recognize Tucci from movies like The Devil Wears Prada, Easy A, The Hunger Games, Spotlight and Beauty and the Beast.
8) Who Played The Character In The 1979 TV Movie: Captain America?
Reb Brown played the role in the Captain America TV movie that came out in 1979. Brown also played the role in the sequel, Captain America II: Death Too Soon. A random but fun fact about Reb Brown is that he played on the UCLA football team at the same time as O.J Simpson. They both played running back and Simpson ended up beating out Brown for the staring role on the team.
9) What Year Did The Captain America: The Winter Soldier Movie Come Out?
Captain America: The Winter Soldier came out in 2014. The movie did over $714 million at the Worldwide box office. Like the first film, this was also a big critical success. The movie has a 90% rating on TOMATOMETER from Rotten Tomatoes.
10) True Or False: Captain America’s Shield Has Always Been A Circle
This is False as Cap has used different shapes for his shield over the years in the comics. This includes a heater-style, which also looks like a kite or a triangle with three top points. His circular shield is iconic though and what he is best known for.
Some Additional Captain America Facts And F.A.Q
How Tall Is Captain America? How Much Does He Weight?
According to the Marvel Database, he is 6 foot 2 inches tall and weighs 220 pounds.
Who Has Played Captain America?
Here are all of the actors who have played the role in live action.
- Dick Purcell played the role of Captain American in the Captain America (1944) serial. Instead of Steve Rogers, the character was named Grant Gardner.
- Aytekin Akkaya played the role in 3 Dev Adam (1973), which was a Turkish film.
- Reb Brown played the role in the TV movies, Captain America (1979) and Captain America II: Death Too Soon (1979).
- Matt Salinger played the role in Captain America (1990), which was an American-Yugoslavian film.
- Chris Evans plays the role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This includes appearances in The First Avenger (2011), The Avengers (2012), The Winter Soldier (2014), Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), Civil War (2016), Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), Avengers: Infinity War (2018), and Avengers: Endgame (2019).
So, how did you score on our Captain America quiz? Please let me know how you did in the comment section below. We would also love to know what your favorite storyline involving the character. I would typically ask who you think is the best actor to play the role but I don’t think Chris Evans has much competition here.
Make sure to also take our which Marvel Character are you quiz, where Captain America is one of the options.